The Communications & Administration Assistant is responsible for executing the Chamber’s communication strategy, managing the overall office administration, and assisting with event and program coordination. He/she/they will execute the communications strategy by managing social media, email and newsletter communications and create and send press releases; coordinate the daily calendars of the Director and Business Development team; maintain vital databases and client records; play a key role in event and program planning and execution; and maintain the daily operations of the office. This position is accountable to the Director.
- Execute the Chamber’s communication strategy including assisting in the writing and developing content for the social media, newsletters, informational materials, and the website.
- Maintain media contact list and create and send press releases to contact list.
- Create content for the monthly newsletter and email updates.
- Manage social media for the Hispanic Chamber by actively participating in social media activities, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.; implementing social media tools and techniques; maintaining a connection with the broader social media world; and connecting with social networking websites.
- Maintain and update the Chamber’s database and Outlook contact of members, clients, scholarship recipients, leadership participants and community members.
- Assist in the preparation of written information of and communication between the Director and the Board of Directors.
Administrative and scheduling
- Answer the phone, greet clients, members, and other visitors.
- Conduct intake for potential clients for the Business Development team.
- Manage complex scheduling for Business Development team and other Chamber staff including arranging group and individual meetings as needed.
- Provide support to the Director and other members of the staff as required to ensure timely and accurate service to clients and members.
- Manage the daily operations of the office including conducting inventory and ordering office supplies as needed.
Event and Program Support
- Assist in the coordination of events for the Hispanic Chamber members and/or the Board of Directors such as: luncheons, receptions, board meetings and leadership classes.
- Close collaboration with Business Development team and its projects
- Maintain positive working relationships with Hispanic Chamber staff, members, key contacts in the Hispanic community, public and private sector organizations, and other key stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as special projects, other tasks, etc.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience working with the media and creating press releases.
- Experience writing and developing content for social media, newsletters and other publications.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar administrative position.
- Working with the Hispanic community.
- At least 2 years of experience working with Windows operating system, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, data base management, and social networking properties.
- Experience working with small or Latino owned businesses is preferred.
- Education: Applicants with two – four years of college preferred.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly preferred.
- Ability to work in an active work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with diverse people and organizations.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks using time-management and problem-solving skills.
- A strong sense of personal integrity and professionalism
Depending on experience and skill level (Starting at $47,500 plus per year)
- Generous accrued time off (vacation/sick time)
- 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for employee
- Up to a 3% simple IRA plan match
- Monthly Wi-Fi, phone, and parking stipend reimbursement
- Inquire about other benefits and perks offered to all full-time employees.
Applicants should submit cover letter and resume to:
Carmen Castro, Executive Director