MULTNOMAH COUNTY SMALL BUSINESS RELIEF FUND
The Small Business Relief Fund provides grants to support Multnomah County small businesses and eligible nonprofits experiencing hardships resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of the fund is to provide interim relief to grantees and enable them to continue to operate and retain employees. These funds are provided courtesy of Multnomah County’s CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Funds.
Priority will be given to businesses:
- that have experienced a decline in revenue because of COVID-19 and must have incurred necessary expenditures due to the pandemic. Examples include temporary closures, reduced capacity, new expenses associated with complying with Oregon OSHA or CDC COVID-19 safety requirements.
- that identify as minority-owned, service-disabled, veteran owned, and emerging small businesses.
- for whom resources will help them remain operational.
- that did not receive enough federal CARES Act funds.
- that focus on childcare.
- that are within Multnomah County but outside the City of Portland.
Award size per business
Range from $2,500 to $25,00 based on need
Important: Awardees may be required to present proof if selected for an audit.
- Experienced a decline in revenue since February 1, 2020
- Primary source of income for business owner(s)
- If nonprofit, must either be 1) an organization whose primary activity is the provision of childcare, or 2) a social enterprise meaning for the purposes of these guidelines that 90% or more of its activities are funded by payment for goods or services provided by the organization
- $5 million or less in annual gross revenue
- 100 or fewer employees
- Principal place of business must be located within Multnomah County https://www.portlandmaps.com
- Must have a valid business license with the Oregon Secretary of State and must have been in operation and in compliance with the State of Oregon registration requirements on or prior to December 31, 2019. If nonprofit, must be a registered 501(c)(3).
**Sole proprietors or general partnerships operating under the owner’s name(s) are not required to register with the State of Oregon.
- Application window: Monday, 10/11/2021 to Friday, 11/5/2021
- Notifications: Monday, 11/15/2021 to Friday, 11/19/2021
- Disbursements by mail: Begins Monday, 11/22/2021 to no later than Friday, 12/17/2021
Required Applicant Documentation
- Application (all)
- Subgrantee W-9 (if awarded)
- Subgrant Agreement (if awarded)
How to apply
Eligible businesses may apply by contacting the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber at (503) 222-0280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber at (503) 222-0280 or email email@example.com.