Reports to: Executive Director
The Finance & Projects Manager will work closely with the Executive Director for all administrative affairs of the organization. This position will assist the Executive Director in all aspects of the successful performance of the Hispanic Chamber including: Finance & Day to Day Accounting, Human Resources Management, the organization’s mission, the successful execution of all board policies, and the fulfillment of all contractual obligations.
The Finance & Projects Manager will perform tasks and provide support to the Executive Director to accomplish the following:
- Increase the number of Hispanic Chamber members
- Increase the participation of members in the organization’s activities
- Increase the quality and efficiency of the delivery of services for technical assistance, scholarships, and leadership development based on contractual requirements, grants, and direction from the Interim Executive Director
- Increase the number of active partnerships with public and private sector organizations to increase the quality of activities, services and benefits for members.
- Maintain office space for the delivery of program services to members and clients.
- Increase organizational funding and the efficient use of those funds for operations and staffing.
- Develop financial reports and other reports as requested by the Interim Executive Director
- Manage all financial and performance audits
- Perform all accounting: bank deposits, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger posting, account reconciliation and coordination of all financial information.
- Manage and coordinate all computer, telephonic and other communication vendors
- Work with the Scholarship/IDA Coordinator regarding the financial elements of all events including logistics, contracts, and payments.
- Work with Economic Development leads to provide disbursement checks and reports for mini-grant programs.
- Manage the updating and maintenance of the Hispanic Chamber website
- Process and maintain all membership information
- Manage the financial operation of the organization
- Manage special projects as assigned by the Executive Director including, special projects timelines, deliverables, reporting and invoices.
- Manage relationships with employee benefits providers such as health & dental insurance, and savings plans for the organization
- Support Executive Director or Program Leaders in talent search including posting current openings in various platforms and documentation needed for onboarding new employees
- Establish partnerships and maintain positive relationships with Hispanic Chamber members, key contacts in the Hispanic community, public and private sector organizations and other key stakeholders.
- Manage all insurance and licensing requirements for the organization and contracts the organization undertakes
- Perform time cost billing for monthly services on contracts
- Manage the annual filing of Form 990
- Experience in bookkeeping and database management
- Experience preparing financial information and reports
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with diverse people and organizations.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks using time-management and problem-solving skills
- A strong sense of personal integrity and professionalism. Candidates’ histories must be impeccable in terms of honesty, fairness, and overall integrity.
Other preferred experience: A successful track record of:
- Working for programs in the Latino community
- Working with the Latino business community
- Event planning and implementation
- Working in financial management/administrative positions
Education: Applicants should have a Bachelors of Arts or Science degree, preferably in accounting. A Masters degree in accounting and/or business is preferred.
Starting Range: $55,000-$60,000 depending on experience