The Membership & Administrative Assistant is a proactive and detail-oriented individual responsible for the efficient day-to-day office operations at the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber. This self-starter plays a crucial role in maintaining membership records, coordinating communications, and providing administrative support to ensure the seamless functioning of the Chamber.
If you are a dedicated professional with a passion for supporting the Hispanic business community, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are an ideal candidate for this position.
- Manage day-to-day office functions, ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow.
- Serve as the first point of contact for clients, members, and callers.
- Respond promptly to inquiries.
- Manage the daily operations of the office including inventory and ordering office supplies as needed.
- Update and maintain accurate membership records on all databases.
- Coordinate membership communications, including newsletters and renewal reminders.
- Organize and promote member events to enhance engagement.
- Answer phones, greet clients and members, and provide excellent customer service.
- Schedule initial meetings for clients, ensuring timely and efficient communication.
- Collate and distribute mail and maintain organized filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Manage member accounts, update information in ChamberMaster daily, and assist with any account-related needs.
- Work with Financial team to track invoices, upload them to the accountant’s portal for processing, and facilitate payment processes.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Assistance as needed.
Facilities and Event Coordination:
- Coordinate facilities and office equipment management, maintenance, and upkeep.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Chamber events, handling logistics, catering, sponsors, speakers, programs, and promotional materials.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly preferred.
- Ability to work in an active work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with diverse people and organizations.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks using time-management and problem-solving skills.
- A strong sense of personal integrity and professionalism.
$21.00 – $24.00 per hour
- Generous accrued PTO (vacation/sick time)
- 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for employee
- Up to a 3% simple IRA plan match
- Monthly Wi-Fi, phone, and partial parking stipend reimbursement
Inquire about other benefits and perks offered to all full-time employees.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit cover letter and resume with the subject of “Applicant for Membership & Administrative Assistant” to:
Nicole Davison Leon, Executive Director