The Scholarship & Individual Development Account (IDA) Coordinator of the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber (Hispanic Chamber) is accountable to the President. The Scholarship & ID Coordinator will work with the President to implement the Hispanic Chamber’s Scholarship and IDA programs and related activities and assist in other activities as assigned.
For the Scholarship Program the Coordinator will:
- Conduct outreach to students at high schools, community colleges and universities to increase the number of students that apply for the Hispanic Chamber’s scholarships
- Travel to SW Washington, the tri-county area as well as Salem and Woodburn to conduct outreach activities
- Coordinate the development, mailing and posting of the scholarship application on the website.
- Coordinate the receipt and processing of the scholarship applications from Latino students
- Work with the Scholarship Committee of the Board of Directors and facilitate their selection of scholarship awardees
- Follow-up with scholarship awardees to notify them of their award and confirm their enrollment in a community college or university
- Coordinate with the students, parents, schools, and scholarship donors their participation in the Scholarship Award Luncheon
- Coordinate with the community colleges and universities the enrollment of the students, distribution of the Hispanic Chamber scholarship funds and the award of matching funds when appropriate
- Increase the number of contacts at high schools, community colleges, and public and private universities to establish on-going working relationships
- Increase the number of students that participate in activities and workshops sponsored by the Hispanic Chamber such as: Path to Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Contact current and past scholarship recipients and obtain current contact information
- Develop a database of student scholarship contact information
- Identify and coordinator student volunteers for Hispanic Chamber events
- Assist in the implementation of other events that promote the Hispanic Chamber and its programs.
For the IDA Program the Coordinator will:
- Work with the Business Development Coordinators to identify and encourage students and businesses to establish an IDA
- Assist the students and businesses to
- Complete the required enrollment paperwork
- Complete the required paperwork to make the withdrawals
- Coordinate with the Hispanic Chamber Business Development Coordinators and CASA of Oregon to maintain Outcome Tracker database and other databases used
By the IDA program:
- Enter data into the database and prepare reports for contracts, proposals and other purposes as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned such as special projects, etc.
Assist the President to:
- Prepare information and reports for the Board of Directors such as: scholarship reports, etc.
- Update and maintain a database of scholarship and IDA recipients
- Coordinate the Hispanic Chamber scholarship events and other events that promote its programs and services.
- Establish partnerships and maintain positive relationships with Hispanic Chamber members, key contacts in the Hispanic community, public and private sector organizations and other key stakeholders.
- Experience and Knowledge: Candidates should have a successful track record of:
- Working for programs in the Latino community
- Working with the Latino students and or businesses
- Conducting event planning
- Conducting outreach activities in the Latino community
- Working with the educational community
- Education: Applicants should have a BA or BS Degree
- Other Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with diverse people and organizations.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks using time-management and problem-solving skills.
- A strong sense of personal integrity and professionalism. Candidates’ histories must be impeccable in terms of honesty, fairness and overall integrity.
Salary: Depending on experience
- Accrued Time off (Vacation/sick leave)
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location