Latino Scholarship Program
2024 HMC Scholarships
Application opening December 9th, 2023 – January 28th, 2024.
Click images to enlarge.
Donations Make a Difference
To provide support and encourage Latino students to continue their higher education, The
Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber provides annual scholarship awards to qualifying
applicants. 100% of your donation will go directly to supporting a Latino scholarship
recipient in Oregon and SW Washington.
The Hispanic Chamber is a 501c3, non-profit organization.
Federal identification number: 93-1156358.
2023 Scholarship Recipients
Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber (Hispanic Chamber) announced this year’s Latino
Scholarship Program award winners. A total of $159,781 was awarded to 59 students on
May 19th, 2023, during the Chamber’s annual Scholarship Award Luncheon at the Oregon
Convention Center, in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Jose Coll will provide the keynote address.
To date, the Hispanic Chamber has awarded over $3 million to 1,165 Hispanic students in
Oregon and SW Washington. Some of these scholarships are matched by public and private
colleges and universities and awards range from $2,000 – $6,000.
- Applicant must be of Hispanic ancestry, permanently residing in Oregon or Clark County, Washington
- Applicant must be currently attending a high school in Oregon or Clark County, Washington or have attended a high school in Oregon OR Clark County, Washington and currently enrolled in an accredited college.
- Applicant must have at least a 3.0 GPA as evidenced by a high school or college transcript.
- Applicants will be evaluated on academics, extra-curricular activities, community service, written essays and letters of recommendation.
- Applicant must be enrolled by September 2024 in an accredited community college, 4-year college or university, or an accredited graduate degree program
*First Generation Students &DACA recipients are encouraged to apply.
College Aid Links
The good folks at the Chamber have taken some time to gather a wide array of useful resources for prospective college students. Take a look at what we have listed and let us know of any resources that we should add to the list.
Resources for prospective college students
- College Scholarships for Online Students: https://www.publicservicedegrees.org/online-degrees/scholarships-for-online-students/
- Ultimate Guide to College Admissions: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/college-admissions/
- Tips on Choosing a Major: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/choosing-a-major/
- Financial Aid and Scholarships for Students: https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/financial-aid/
- Guide to Visiting and Choosing a College: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/visiting-colleges/
- Complete List of College Cost Calculators: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/financial-aid/college-calculators/
- Guide to Graduating Debt-Free: https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/graduating-debt-free/