Technical AssistanceThe Hispanic Chamber Business Development Coordinators now offer services to assist businesses in the following areas, free of charge. Services are available in both English and Spanish. For more information, contact us about any of the following services.
- Business Start-Up
- Business Expansion
- Development of Accounting/Bookkeeping Systems
- Development of Business Plans
- Development of Loan and/or Bond Proposals
- Addressing Financing/Insurance Issues
- Assistance in Software/Hardware Training
- Development of Marketing Materials
- Development and/or Expansion of Web sites
- Review Operations/Management Systems
- Identification of Procurement Opportunities
- Referral to other Business Resources in the Sector
- Other Issues that a Business may need
ResourcesThe Hispanic Chamber now offers services to assist businesses. Whether you need help with a start up or expansion, business plans or software training, the Hispanic Chamber is here to help. We also offer small business loans, as well as guidance with contracts and procurement. Learn more about our Latino Leadership Program.
- Alliance of Portland Business Neighborhood Associations
- Business.gov Helps Businesses Meet Federal Compliance Requirements.
- Hacienda CDC’s Community Economic Development Department Offers a variety of programs ranging from micro-enterprise development, small business training, adult education, and workforce development.
- COBID Certification Office for Business Inclusion & Diversity Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE); Woman/Minority/Service Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (WBE, MBE, SDVBE); Emerging Small Business (ESB)
- OHSU's Procurement Services
- Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services Information on licensing, permits, insurance, worker's comp & other business requirements.
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs Promote and develop entrepreneurship and economic development for ethnic minorities in the State of Oregon.
- Portland Development Commission Business, Economic, And Development Services.
- PGE Educational Seminars Free energy-efficiency classes.
- PGE's Business Energy Savings A focus on energy efficiency can help control your energy usage and boost your bottom line.
- The Small Business Development Center Helping you start your business, grow your business, & make your business profitable.
- Oregon Secretary of State's Office Corporate Division Provides information on registering your business in the state, licensing information, & referral to business assistance.
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network Provides mentoring to entrepreneurs.
- Mt. Hood Community College Small Business Development Center.
- City of Portland, Small Business Liaison Providing information and services from Portland area government agencies.
- Oregon Employment Department
- US Small Business Administration Offering loans, counseling, and workshops.
- Vendor Registration Can mean several things when you do business with the City of Portland. This page shows different types of registration and what you need to know.