Small Business Technical Assistance
Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber’s business development team offers no cost, confidential technical assistance in Spanish and English to business owners. Some of the services provided are listed below and are customized to fit the needs of each business. Contact us for more details.
Community Organizations that Support Our Work
- Business Idea Feasibility/Needs Assessment
- Business Start-Up – Licensing and Permitting Assistance
- Business Expansion
- Accounting/Bookkeeping Systems
- Business Plan Development
- Loan and/or Bond Proposal Packaging
- Access to Capital – Loan Packaging Assistance
- Digital Technology Training – Open Office Hours in HMC Computer Lab
- Marketing Plan Development/SWOT Analysis
- Grants for Development of Websites (based on availability)
- Review of Operations/Management Systems
- Guidance with Government Contracting and Procurement Opportunities
- Referrals to Business Professional Services – Accounting, Tax Preparation, Legal, etc.
- Microloans up to $2,000
Additional Small Business Resources
Government Contracting and Procurement
- City of Portland
- Oregon Department of Transportation
- Government Contract Assistance Program
- Participate in the Oregon University System Retainer Program
Helpful Small Business Links
- Alliance of Portland Business Neighborhood Associations
Helps businesses meet federal compliance requirements.
- Hacienda CDC’s Community Economic Development Department
Offers a variety of programs ranging from micro-enterprise development, food business training, adult education, and workforce development.
- COBID Certification Office for Business Inclusion & Diversity
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE); Woman/Minority/Service Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (WBE, MBE, SDVBE); Emerging Small Business (ESB)
- OHSU’s Procurement Services
- Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services
Information on licensing, permits, insurance, worker’s comp & other business requirements.
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs
Promoting and developing entrepreneurship and economic development for ethnic minorities in the State of Oregon.
- Portland Development Commission
Business, economic, and development Services.
- PGE Educational Seminars
Free energy-efficiency classes.
- PGE’s Business Energy Savings
A focus on energy efficiency can help control your energy usage and boost your bottom line.
- Oregon Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Small Business Development Center hosted by Portland Community College.
- Oregon Secretary of State’s Office
State of Oregon’s Corporate Division website to register a business; licensing information, & referral to business assistance.
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network
Provides mentoring to entrepreneurs.
- Mt. Hood Community College SBDC
Small Business Development Center hosted by Mt. Hood Community College.
- City of Portland, Small Business Liaison
Providing information and services from Portland area government agencies.
- Oregon Employment Department
- US Small Business Administration
Loans, resources, and workshops.
- Vendor Registration
City of Portland vendor registration and details.