The Contracts and Grants Specialist is instrumental in overseeing the entire lifecycle of grants and
contracts for the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber. This pivotal position encompasses strategic planning, development, and execution of grant proposals, negotiation, and management of contracts, while ensuring stringent compliance with all funding requirements. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the Executive Director and other key stakeholders to optimize funding opportunities for the organization.
- Grant & Contract Writing: Write and submit grant proposals to foundations, government agencies, and other grant-making organizations to secure funding.
- Reporting Data: Support with reporting and contract management.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with fundraising teams, staff, and volunteers to ensure the
successful execution of fundraising initiatives, such as silent auctions, etc.
- Budget Management: Support with creating and managing the fundraising budget, ensuring resources are allocated efficiently to meet fundraising goals.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance for grants and contracts, making sure goals and targets are met.
- Donor Communication: Develop and maintain communication strategies to keep donors informed and engaged with the organization’s work.
- Donor Engagement: Identify, cultivate, and steward relationships with individual donors,
corporate partners, and grant-making organizations to secure financial support.
- Fundraising Campaigns: Plan and oversee fundraising campaigns, including annual giving, major gifts, special events, and online fundraising efforts.
- Strategic Planning: Support the ED in Development and implement long-term and short-term fundraising plans and strategies that align with the organization’s mission and financial objectives.
Qualifications & Job-Related Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; additional certifications in grant or contract management are advantageous.
- Proven experience in grant and contract management, particularly within Non-Profit
- In-depth knowledge of grant and contract regulations, compliance, and reporting requirements.
- Exceptional negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools for grant and contract management.
- Ability to manage and perform multiple tasks under conditions of fluctuating workloads,
competing requirements, and changing deadlines, working independently, and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Strong time management and demonstrated capability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Strong demonstrated organization skills, with the ability to understand overall program objectives and maintain attention to detail.
$53,000 – $58,500 a year
- Generous accrued time off (vacation/sick time)
- 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for employee
- Up to a 3% simple IRA plan match
- Monthly Wi-Fi, phone, and parking stipend reimbursement
- Inquire about other benefits and perks offered to all full-time employees.
Inquire about other benefits and perks offered to all full-time employees.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit cover letter and resume with the subject of “Applicants for Contracts and Grants Specialist” to:
Nicole Davison Leon, Executive Director